Location: Cape Town
Job Level: Tier 3
The Networking team has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our customer’s network environments.
As the 3rd Line Specialist for Networking in the MSC you will help set the technical strategy for networking customers around Incident, Problem and Change Management. You will work with the Enterprise Performance Management team to define Event Management and reporting best practise to support Problem management. You will work alongside Project, Transition and Service Delivery management teams to assist in the smooth transition and acceptance of new customers and technologies into the MSC.
The role is the highest point of technical escalation within the MSC for networking customers as such you will be expected to participate in high impact, high urgency incidents where prompt resolution and root cause analysis is required. Your technical experience as well as your strong troubleshooting skills will be paramount in this role.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and providing satisfactory fixes to the customer.
- Help drive customer and network strategy discussions.
- Complete designs for new solutions or changes to existing infrastructure.
- Completing customer network Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required
- Assisting other Engineers with technical escalations.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis
- Mentoring and training more junior Engineers
- Assisting with Development of junior team
- Proactive identification of fault trends
- Development of peer relationships with key Suppliers
- Working closely with the Head of Service Operations on continual improvements programmes for the MSCs
- Providing technical expertise to the Head of Service Operations and assisting on the technical skills evaluation of MSC engineers
- Work with the other departments understand and share technical strategy
- Development of technical strategy for Networking customers and internal
- Attend the Change Advisory Board for customer change requests where required
- Attend meetings and working parties to represent MSC where necessary
- Attend customer meetings to provide technical consultancy, usually by VC but occasionally on site
- Helping to identify gaps in existing technical documentation, knowledge and skills
- Creating and maintaining of technical customer documentation
- Active involvement in the recruitment of all new technical engineers
- Ensuring customer transition pre-requisites are delivered by EPM and Project Management
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure monthly SLA metrics for all MSC customers are achieved.
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless products
- Knowledge and experience of security products/appliances e.g. Cisco ASA, Juniper Firewalls
- Knowledge of Spectrum and other Cisco management tools e.g. Cisco Works LMS/UOM
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Switches
- Experience with Cisco core routing and switching
- CCIE qualification e.g. CCNP R&S/Security/DC
- Recognised as an expert in field
- Able to guide & instruct technical staff, challenging behaviour where necessary
- At least six years’ experience in a network environment
- Experience with a Managed Service Provider
- Full driving licence
Deadline for applications is 30/12/2017
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za