Location: Cape Town
Job Level: Tier 2
Assist the team lead in managing delivery of 2nd line support and project services to multiple customers, across a number of technologies, in line with contractual SLAs and KPIs by providing mentorship, technical advice and co-ordination.
- Provides guidance and advice on problem resolution approach to technical analysts in the team. Proactively identifies process and team areas that require improvement and facilitate resolution. Ensures that documentation is relevant to effective resolution of problems
- Encourages and oversee team focus on process improvement.
- Establish new processes and promote acceptance and manages the changes.
- Technical Input
- Provides technical guidance and knowledge based on more complex issues across a wide range of technologies. Provides balanced technical and commercial input to develop effective solutions.
- Leads and coordinates minor projects. Performs service transition and due diligence.
- Customer Interaction
- Lead or representative role in customer group discussions
- Co-ordinate and oversee work schedule demands. Handles team and customer escalations. Delegates tasks when required according to defined roles and responsibilities. Review and advice on quality of work and standards adherence.
- Decision Making
- Handles team escalations and make decisions and advise after the fact.
- Minimum 5 years total support experience in an Intel environment, which will include, on enterprise level:
- Microsoft Active Directory backend support (DNS, DHCP, Group policy, DFS etc.)
- VMware administration
- Citrix XenApp/Xendesktop administration
- Solid server management experience in at least one Anti-Virus technology, e.g. McAfee ePO, Symantec SEP
- Minimum 2 years senior second line support experience
- Good documentation skills
- ITSM toolsets for tracking all work progress (Remedy)
- Experience in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/2012
- Solid understanding of storage systems
- MCITP/MCSE: Server Administrator on Windows Server
- VMware VCP
- Citrix CCA (old track) or CCA/CCP (new track)
Deadline for applications is 30/01/2018
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za