Location: Cape Town
Job Level: Senior 2nd Line (shifts)
2nd Line Technical Support Engineers work as part of a 24X7 shift pattern and are the front line customer interface within the MSC, monitoring alarms, and alerting customers to any events.
It is a technical engineering position, with responsibilities focused around the smooth running of both our Managed Service and Maintenance customers’ environments, ensuring that system availability is maintained at the highest level and any issues that arise are dealt with within SLA.
- Event management – monitoring alarms from Spectrum, Proactive Net and other tools, opening incidents in the ticketing system and notifying customers of an event within defined SLAs.
- Contact third party suppliers to log support calls, obtain updates on open support calls or request technical advice.
- Liaise with logistics team to ensure spares are delivered to a customer site where required.
- Liaise with the Maintenance team to ensure required parts are sourced and shipped to a customer site within SLA.
- Manage the “planned maintenance” process, receiving Carrier notifications of downtime and notifying the customer of any impact to service.
- Work closely with resource management to organise engineer to site where required.
- Carry out remote diagnostic tests and checks when incidents are logged by customers.
- Escalating calls to senior engineers or management as appropriate.
- Liaison with internal departments, vendors and suppliers where required.
- To take ownership of Customers’ requests and be proactive when dealing with Customers’ issues.
- To ensure all requests meet or exceed the contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain high customer-care levels at all times.
- Provide advanced diagnostics when appropriate.
- Implement routine and minor Change Requests.
- Daily backup & media actions performed as per SLA.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge in appropriate areas.
- Identifying and recommending improvements for the 2nd Line Support operation
- Carry out housekeeping tasks.
- Manage phone calls from customers, ensuring they are made aware of what action has been or will be taken to resolve their issues.
- Handle incoming emails from customers, resolver teams and service management ensuring they are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Perform Incident Management to ensure that the appropriate action is being taken to meet SLAs and service is restored for the customer.
- Update customers by telephone or e-mail on the progress of a support call or to ask for additional information.
- Assist with the implementation of Customer projects, internal support projects or support administration tasks.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- The candidate should ideally have 2-5 years’ experience working in a managed services or similar IT environment and possess a high level of customer service.
- Ideally the candidate will have had exposure to a wide range of technology and possess qualifications in CCNP, MCSE, MCSA etc. or associate level certification for VMWare or Citrix.
- Cisco CCNP, Expert level certification for Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, TSM or Netapp.
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A detailed and analytical approach to undertaking duties
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Strong Trouble shooting ability.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V3)
- Experience of working within an operational support organisation, with an appreciation for service excellence
- Excellent understanding of networking and routing protocols
- Understanding of firewall and Internet security concepts
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice Solutions
- Knowledge of Linux/AIX
- Knowledge of HP Data Protector/Tivoli Storage Manager
Deadline for applications is 30/12/2017